Grande Day Parade
Sponsored by: Hutch Bowl & Squeaky’s Grill and Walmart
Date: Sunday, June 16, 2013
Where: See parade route below
Parade Rules & Fees
- Animal Entries: All animal entries must provide their own clean up. Clean up crews must follow directly
behind the units to clean up excrement or manure.
- Distribution of Items: Do not throw items from the parade unit. Candy may be handed out by walkers along the curbside.
- Units Must Keep Moving: To keep the parade moving, all units must stay within three car lengths of the unit
ahead of them. If a larger gap occurs, you must speed up to close the gap.
- Commercial (For-Profit) Entries: The entry fee for commercial units is $175.00. This fee includes your listing in the parade program, two invitations to our sponsors appreciation party and a listing in the Hutchinson Leader ‘Thank You’ ad after the completion of Water Carnival.
- Non-Profit Entries: The entry fee for non-profit entries is $87.50.
- Political Entries: Sorry, we do not allow political entries into our parade.
You will receive your parade position, maps and other information 1-2 weeks prior to Water Carnival week.
The parade starts at Main Street and 1st Ave NW, proceeding south on Main Street, west on 4th Ave SW, south on Lynn Road, west on Linden, and ending at the intersection of Harrington and Linden.
*A professional Jack Sparrow impersonator will be navigating the parade route to make it the “savvy-est” in all the land. Find out more here >>.